10 Small Bathrooms, 10 Different Looks
Many family and guest bathrooms have a similar layout with a vanity near the entrance, a shower-tub against the back wall and a toilet tucked in between. But there are plenty of ways to add individual style to a standard-size bathroom by customizing the vanity, hardware, fixtures and materials. Browse these photos that show some of the possibilities for a small bathroom, and let us know which one is your favorite.
1. This black-and-white bathroom in Washington, D.C., is by Maria Causey Interior Design. The stylish space features a bold yet delicate wallpaper, a marble-top vanity and classic subway tile in the shower.
2. Graphic encaustic cement tiles on the floor and high-gloss subway tiles on the shower walls add pizazz to this Charlotte, North Carolina, bathroom by Loftus Design.
3. A salvaged-wood vanity with a Carrara marble top, dark gray hexagonal floor tiles and a fun sea-theme shower curtain are among the highlights of this Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts, bathroom by LDa Architecture & Interiors. Note the shiplap wainscoting that adds to the room’s coastal-inspired look.
4. Light pink subway tiles covering the tub and the shower walls make a pretty picture in this London bathroom by Maurizio Pellizzoni. Note the brass handheld shower and brass rainfall shower that pair well with the pink tile.
5. Graphic gray floor tiles and a shower curtain made of Belgian linen are stylish touches in this calm and neutral bathroom in Madrid.
6. The multihued mosaic tiles covering the shower-tub combo steal the show in this St. Louis bathroom by RSI Kitchen & Bath.
7. A glass panel affixed to the shower-tub keeps this New York bathroom designed by Gradient Architecture open and bright. The three floating shelves above the toilet provide display space and additional storage.
8. A framed photograph on the wall and a shower curtain with a subtle pattern add just enough flair to this minimalist Boston bathroom by LDa Architecture & Interiors.
9. In this Berkeley, California, bathroom designed by Custom Kitchens by John Wilkins, a skylight allows in natural light, while a band of blue mosaic tiles on the shower wall and above the vanity adds a burst of color.
10. This smart Seattle bathroom by Ore Studios includes a double vanity with a pair of riveted mirrors above that provide an industrial edge. The shower curtain adds warmth.