15 Creative Touches to Perk Up the Bathroom
Keep an eye out at antiques shops, flea markets and fairs for a piece you love. It can help to keep the measurements of your bathroom wall on your phone or in your wallet, so if you do see something, you can check instantly if it will fit.
3. Paint your claw-foot tub. Have an old claw-foot? Freshen it up with chili-pepper-red paint on the base. Or, for a subtler update, paint only the feet a bold hue.
4. Use a vintage stand to hold towels. Vintage wicker stands meant for plants and magazines are perfectly suited to holding towels in the bathroom, and they have so much more character than a new find.
6. Transform a table into a sink stand. Tired of cookie cutter bathroom fixtures? Have your own sink stand made out of a sturdy old table for a unique look. The table (a chest can work well too) must be strong enough to hold up the sink bowl, so have a pro look at the piece you are thinking of buying to be sure it will work.
See some of the best chalkboard art on Houzz
10. Paper the walls. A lovely wallpaper can make the bathroom feel really special. And as a bonus, a repeating pattern creates a sense of depth, making a space feel larger.
14. Use a colorful plastic tote as a wastebasket. Trade your boring old trash can for a colorful plastic market tote. Isn’t that better?